Step by step guide
- Go to istanbulmehmet.com/artist-blog and log in or create an account.
- After logging in, you will be taken to the page where you edit your personal information. The name you enter here will appear in the author section when you write an article.
- The next page is where the actual article goes. You have to write a title for your article and , if you want, pick a post format. If you have any images that have to be uploaded, please press ‘Choose File’ button. After that, you can start writing the contents of your article.
- If you have written your blog in another program first, say Microsoft Word etc… and you want to copy and paste it, please copy and paste it into TextWrangler first. TextWrangler is a free software that cleans text and optimises it for the search engines so that your article will be picked up by the search engines in the most effective way. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/textwrangler/id404010395?mt=12
- After you finish writing, add relevant tags separated by a comma. Amongst the tags you can include: Istanbul Mehmet Cymbals, Handmade Cymbals, Author: yourname
- After you filled in the tags, you have to choose a category. If you are an artist, please choose “Artist Blog”, and if you are a guest blogger, then please pick ‘Guest Blog’
- After you’ve done all of the above, please check again and press ‘Save Draft’
Article writing Guide
What makes a good article?
In the title:
- Use catchy adjective words
- Include one or two keywordse.g.: here, the keywords would be the predominant word across the article.
- Use numberse.g.: 10 reasons to try the last Session Crash Cymbal
- Use ‘what, why, how or when’
- Use popular search queries such as ‘how to’ or ‘what is’
- Keep it short and focused
- Identify and solve a problem
- Strike a note of controversy
- Craft a ‘Top List’
- Never mislead
In the body:
- Please make sure the content you write is written by yourself and not copied an pasted from other sources.
- If you use any images or videos, please make sure they are properly optimised before upload. An image should not be larger than 1.5 Mb and should have a size of 1100x800px.
- Please make sure the content you are writing is related to the field of interest found across the website.
- Try to use key words in the first two rows of the article, for SEO purposes.
Please keep in mind that you are writing content on a website accessed by thousands of people monthly. So, try to avoid using strong language, inappropriate media or links to other websites containing such content. Note: all the articles written by artist and guest bloggers are saved as drafts and are going to be reviewed by a team of editors before publishing. The content might be changed for SEO reasons or if found inappropriate.